Carpenter ants are one of the worst pests as they can cause significant damage to your Manchester home with infestation. Since they continuously dig through the wood, they are quite a menace and difficult to remove. Although there are over-the-counter remedies available, getting rid of the infestation and effective control may not be possible only through professional pest control services.
If you want to get rid of carpenter ants from your Manchester home and eliminate the problem permanently, contact Pest Control Manchester with a same-day fast response at affordable prices. They are an independent family-operated company serving the Manchester area with comprehensive pest control services for more than 30 years. Their BPCA-trained technicians are experts and use the latest products and technology for delivering fast, reliable, and long-term pest control solutions even in the most challenging environments and complete the job with maximum effectiveness.
How to know your home has carpenter ants?
Carpenter ants can be identified easily due to their huge size. They are usually black, bright red, or brown. They bite too and their sting can be painful but with no serious health problems. Once they invade your home, they can form a colony of 10,000 to 12,000 ants.
Carpenter ants are most frequently observed penetrating moist or hollow wood in the wild, such as fallen logs or branches. This insect tends to enter your home through hidden timber structures like the inside of your walls, water-damaged wood, or regions close to the house’s foundation. Keep an eye on a few signs that indicate carpenter ants are invading your home.
- Creaking or clicking in the walls is audible at late night.
- Visible signs of carpenter ants crawling on your property.
- Piles of sawdust and wood shaving gathered under window sills, baseboards, and near doorjambs.
- Discarded wings that have been shed.
- Chewed wood leaves galleries that seem to be carved into the wood or furniture.
What damage can they cause to your home?
Your house may suffer structural damage due to carpenter ants. They dig tunnels into the wood for their nests and growing colonies, which results in hollow spaces in the walls, ceiling beams, foundation, or flooring. This can cause structural collapse or moisture entering the woods. This is why it is essential to eradicate carpenter ants from your property completely.
Natural methods for preventing carpenter ants
- Fixing the leaks so that there are no fungus or moisture issues as dark closets and leaky areas allure carpenter ants to chew through the soft wood.
- Cut the tree branches that reach the windows so that carpenter ants cannot enter your home.
- Storing firewood away from your home.
- Fill up the cracks and holes on the window sides.
- Store your food in closed containers and keep your counters clean so as not to attract carpenter ants.
If you find carpenter ants invading your home, you need to act fast before they make huge colonies and the situation gets worse. All these remedies might protect your home from carpenter ants but it is advised to reach out to pest control professionals as they have the experience and tools to effectively get rid of carpenter ants.