A majority of Australians love grilled foods, and grilling is a standard routine during important festivals and occasions like Australia day. However, not everyone wants to deal with the hassle of working an outdoor grill. Many times, grilling outdoors can turn messy if it’s not done correctly. That’s why a grill pan is a must-have kitchen essential for those who love grilled food but don’t want to go through the burden of preparing and working an outdoor grill.
Although it looks similar to a frying pan, grill pans do a great job of emulating an outdoor grill. The pan has distinctive raised edges inside it that give an excellent grilled look to the meat, and Australians can grill it in the comfort of their home without having to step outside. With the help of a grill pan, Aussies can celebrate Aussie Summer BBQ indoors!
Why Are Grill Pans Popular In Australia?
Grill pans can be a versatile addition to any Australian kitchen, offering a lot of advantages for Aussies who love grilled foods:
- Grill pans are convenient as they are easy to maintain and clean. Unlike the case of outdoor grills, there’s no need to prepare a large grill or take the time and effort to clean it after use.
- They can be used anywhere at any time, and Australians don’t have to worry about the time and place. Plus, with the raised edges inside the pan, the meat will also get that distinct grilled look!
- The raised edges also help keep the oil away from the food, resulting in a healthier meal. Fortunately, this also means that there is less to clean as the food doesn’t tend to stick to the pan.
- Australians can also eliminate that smoky flavour on their meat by using grill pans.
How To Make The Best Of Grill Pans:
Australians who want to cook food on their grill pans effectively can take a look at the following tips:
- Preheat the stove to a medium-high range so that the pan gets nice and hot for grilling.
- The meat should be no bigger than half an inch thick. This ensures that the whole of the meat has equal cooking time.
Things To Consider When Buying Grill Pans:
- Material: Cast iron is a popular choice as it does a splendid job of keeping the heat constant even at higher temperatures. For those looking for lightweight pans, stainless steel is a great option, followed by aluminium. The only issue is that these two materials don’t hold heat as well as cast iron.
- Shape Of The Pan: Although the shape of the pan isn’t that important of a criterion, the shape still matters a bit, depending on the size of the food that is grilled. Round pans can accommodate most meats owing to their shape, but rectangular pans can limit the way the meat is placed. Although round shapes can fit one burner, customers can find rectangular pans that can fit two burners. However, the common choice is the square shape pans as it offers more surface area to grill.
- Handle Of The Pan: All grill pans have a proper handle, but customers can opt for longer handles if that’s what they want. Longer handles will make it easier to hold the grill pans for a long time, even if it is hot, but with length comes weight, too, so keep that in mind. But don’t worry about that too much. Most heavy pans will always have an additional handle to help customers easily lift the pan.